Friday, September 16, 2016

Madeleine L'Amour

"C'est une belle journée 
pour être heureux." 
            ~unknown

   Have you ever walked into a shop and just frozen on the spot absolutely mesmerized by the beauty that surrounds you? Has a place ever left you utterly speechless (or in my case squealing like a little girl) because the artistry of the displays and the beautiful treasures laid out in tempting vignettes feels like something you have only imagined in your daydreams? If you have experienced this then maybe you've visited Madeleine L'Amour in Bountiful Utah! I have been following this gorgeous shop and its lovely owners on Instagram and their blog for quite some time and never dreamt that I would have a chance this year to visit their little paradise. I can honestly say that I have never been in such a lovely store before in my life! Drippy crystal chandeliers send glittering light across a soft tableau of painted vintage furniture pieces displaying everything from romantic home decor and party decorations to jewelry, perfume, giftware, and of course endless flowers. It was one of the highlights of my vacation getting to visit this gorgeous store and meet one of the amazing ladies behind it! I came away with some lovely souvenirs of my visit including a beautiful Catherine Popesco bracelet, lace sachets, apron, and velvet millinery roses from Miss Rose Sister Violet, tea party plates (because you can never have too many of those), ribbons, and more! Thankyou so much Madeleine L'Amour for making my vacation extra special!! I will dream about my next visit and hopefully it won't be too far away!  





























7 comments:

  1. Oh, my! I can certainly see why you loved this beautiful shop! I looked at their blog and Instagram. Such gorgeous , feminine, pretties. I want one of everything they sell - LOL! Thank you for showing and sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome Cynthia! It really was a beautiful place! Thankyou for your support and sweet comments :)
      Best,
      Jennelise

      Delete
  2. To answer your 1st and 2nd questions in your opening paragraph, yes, there were 2 shops that left me transfixed upon entering. One was the Herndon House in Phoenix and Scottsdale, AZ and the other was the Cat's Meow in Prescott, AZ. Right down to the soft music playing thruout. Since I moved out of AZ 10 years ago, both shops have closed. What a pity. They were as delightful as cotton candy. I, too, follow Madeleine l'Amour on Instagram. The beauty of that shop is unsurpassed. I'm thrilled you had a chance to experience and enjoy it firsthand. Do you dream of it like sugar plums at Christmas? Hee-hee. Take care and thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how sad that those shops have closed! It does seem to be difficult to find places that are beautiful and feminine with that romantic atmosphere! I guess that is why it's so special when you do happen across a shop that is like that. I certainly felt like I had stumbled on paradise. :) Thankyou for your sweet words and support Christine!
      Jennelise xo

      Delete
  3. c'est magnifique ! merci pour les ravissantes photos de ce lieu de perdition;
    excellent week end

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful shop! Looks like a wonderful time, lovely photos! :)

    ReplyDelete