Monday, July 4, 2016

Summer Garden

"The earth laughs in flowers."
            ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

   The chief reason that I love summer is because it is a season of colour. After all of the long winter months when the world is powdered in a neutral palette of white and grey summer feels like a sudden release! I love to see the flowers starting to bloom first on the trees and then slowly in the garden. Trips to the garden centers are an occasion! Which colours to choose this year? Those glass houses filled to brimming with plants of every size and shape sitting in an ordered chaos on the ground and hanging from the ceiling draped in delicate clouds of mist-- it's like walking through paradise! My Mum and I spent the afternoon at a lovely garden centre outside of town ambling through the flowers with my little niece. The air was warm and humid and the scent of flowers was so heady I could almost taste it! Our roses are blooming now as well and I love to watch the bushes fill with new blossoms. This is the joy of summer! 













4 comments:

  1. I agree! what a delight to the senses to see and smell all that lovely goodness! I've been planting like a crazy person and enjoying the mantises and butterflies that have come to visit or set up home. Lovely photos. Enjoy your gardening endeavors!

    Tamara <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post!! So much eye candy to behold!!
    My former blog, Debbie-Dabble was hacked through my Face Book Debbie-Dabble Page. I created a new blog, Debbie-Dabble Blog and I invite you to please follow me on my new blog.

    www.debbie-dabbleblog.blogspot.com

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful way to spend a very girlie afternoon:-) Love all your gorgeous flower photos especially the ones with all the colourful blooms. What an amazing display of petunias!!

    ReplyDelete